Seafood is extensively popular for its nutritional values. With high levels of protein and omega-3 rich minerals, seafood is so rich that it has foodies go gaga over it. Further, the flavor it has to offer has a uniqueness that appeals to people all around the world. Prawn is one such delicacy that is enjoyed around the world with some changes in recipes. When you marry prawns with smoke, there could be an impeccable combination. However, proper care has to be taken when it comes to barbecuing prawns. This guide helps you move further with the process of grilling prawns. Let us take a look at what it takes.
- The time required and other small details:
This recipe is considered to be easy in all respects. It is loaded with nutrients and takes way less time for cooking than you would have imagined. To state the specifics, barbecuing prawns consumes a cooking time of 10 minutes and a meager preparation time of 15 minutes. These statements bear out the fact that barbecuing prawns is pretty much a cinch.
The final yield on your platter would serve 4 people.
- The nutritional values:
It is always good to know what a particular dish does to your body. Apparently, barbecued prawns pack quite a punch. The values that follow are for a single serving:
- 45 grams of protein
- A gram of dietary fiber
- A gram of sugars
- 2 grams of carbohydrates
- 43 grams of fat
- A staggering 571 kcal of energy
With that, let us move further.
- The required ingredients:
There is a necessity of gathering certain items on your kitchen shelf before you could move further with your cooking process. Here is a small list of items:
- A kilogram of tiger prawns with their heads removed, leave unpeeled
- 200 grams of softened butter
- Some lemon juice
- Some lemons
- A red chili
- A small bunch of cilantro, chopped roughly
- A large clove of garlic
When these items are ready, proceed to the process of cooking.
- The procedure of cooking:
As may have been mentioned earlier, this process is pretty much a cinch. However, stick to the steps that follow for the best of results:
- Bring together lemon juice, chili, cilantro, and garlic in a blender and pass some pulses until the contents are chopped.
- Scoop up a tablespoon of the mixture and mix it with the prawns. Retire this mixture to the fridge.
- Add some butter to the contents in the blender and pass more pulses to blend everything together.
- Place the mixture on an aluminum foil, roll it in the shape of a sausage and place in the freezer.
- Fire up your grill.
- Chuck the prawns on the grill.
- Give about 3 to 4 minutes to each side of the prawns on the grill.
- Remove them from the grill and use your favorite garnishing on the prawns.
With a food so flavorful and nutritious, you should not be waiting for a day to set up the grill. Do it today!