Chicken and grill have many things and in common. So, a relationship between them lasts longer than one can imagine. Combining anything with chicken works out and this speaks for the ubiquity it has swept over the culinary world. When we experiment with all these, we invariably come up with a breathtaking cuisine. Grilled Panzanella Salad with Chicken is one such successful experiment. It has the goodness of chicken, the essence of Panzanella and the flavor of the grill which makes it a package of popularity. Without delving much further into the felicitations of this recipe, let us take a look at how to bring it about.
The required time and other small details:
With chicken and Panzanella placed over a grill, you would have to spend about 45 minutes on cooking and about 30 minutes have to be active out of these 45. This clearly shows that the recipe is fairly easy to make without much hassle. The end product of your small labor would yield about 4 to 6 servings.
The required ingredients:
There is a pretty long list you need to work upon in order to be ready to grill chicken with Panzanella salad. And that list is as follows:
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of vinegar, red wine
- ¾ cup of basil leaves that have been torn roughly
- Half a cup of kalamata olives pitted and halved
- A half red onion, thinly sliced
- A halved English cucumber
- About 2 pounds of tomatoes
- Some kosher salt
- Some black pepper, freshly ground
- 10 tablespoons of olive oil, extra-virgin
- About 16 ounces of chicken breast, boneless and skinless
- A baguette of 9 ounces, cut into half
With these ingredients ready, you may look to proceed further with the process of cooking.
The process of cooking:
With chicken involved, the process becomes a cinch. But then proper care has to be ensured while cooking. Try to adhere to the steps that follow for a near perfect cuisine:
- Fire up the grill to a moderate flame.
- Grab the baguette halves and chuck them on the grill with their cut sides facing downward. Continue to grill until they appear toasted lightly.
- Take it off the grill and allow cool. Then cut into cubes.
- Pour a tablespoon of olive oil onto the chicken and use some pepper and salt for seasoning it.
- Transfer to the grill and continue to grill until 160 degrees is reached. Give about 10 minutes of rest. Then cut it into cubes.
- Combine chicken, bread, basil, olives, onion, cucumber, and tomatoes in a bowl.
- In another bowl, blend together a ¼ teaspoon of pepper, a teaspoon of salt, balsamic vinegar, red wine vinegar and the remaining olive oil.
- Pour this mixture over the salad and mix the contents thoroughly. Allow 15 minutes for the salad to sit.
- Serve with more seasoning.
The recipe is right here and so are you. Why don’t you consider working then?