It is no denying the fact that chicken is ubiquitous in this culinary world. It has not more than any other meat to offer but somehow has landed on the list of all time hot favorites, and that too, around the world. Consequently, there are infinitely many chicken recipes available. There is a lot of nutrition to offer with chicken and potatoes and a certain lower amount of fat. When we bring these ingredients together, a delectable combination is brought on our platter. Without diving much into the praises centered around this recipe, let us see how to make it. Here is the recipe.
- The time required and other details:
Since the recipe involves chicken, we would encounter a lesser time of cooking. This is true owing to the fact that the recipe requires a preparation time of 24 minutes and a cooking time of 24 minutes as well.
The final yield would serve 4 people and would be highly nutritious.
- The required ingredients:
There is a bunch of things that are required for this easy recipe. Here is a list of those things:
- 6 ounces of chicken breast, would make 4 boneless and skinless pieces
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley, flat leaf
- 1/3 cup of whole milk
- 12 ounces of mashed potatoes, frozen
- 1 and a half cups of chicken stock, unsalted
- 2 tablespoons of butter, unsalted and divided
- 2 tablespoons of canola oil
- ¼ cup of flour, quick-mixing
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- A teaspoon of black pepper, freshly ground
When these ingredients are ready on your kitchen shelf, you may proceed to the process of cooking that has been described as under.
- The procedure of cooking:
The recipe is fairly easy, as would have been mentioned earlier too. However, proper care has to be ensured while cooking to bring about a nearly perfect blend of chicken and potato. Stick to the steps that follow:
- Season the chicken breast with some salt and pepper.
- In a bowl, add 2 tablespoons of flour. Roll the chicken pieces in this flour.
- Heat up a large-sized skillet on a moderately high flame.
- Pour a tablespoon of oil and a tablespoon of butter into the pan. Chuck chicken into this pan.
- Now give about 5 minutes to each side of chicken on the pan or to a desired degree of doneness.
- Take the chicken off the pan.
- Now, in the same pan, pour the remnant oil. To this, add the remnant flour. Give a cooking time of about 30 seconds while stirring frequently.
- Add the chicken to this pan and allow the mixture to boil, stirring occasionally.
- Now lower down the heat and give 2 more minutes. Add the remnant salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper.
- Read the instructions on the frozen potato package and cook them accordingly.
- Bring together milk, butter, pepper, and potatoes in a bowl and mash them.
- Serve this with the chicken.
With so much grub to lay the feast on, don’t wait. Do it!