Veggies are, hands down, the best entities to experiment with when it comes to vegetarian cuisine. Often, they are combined with exotic recipes from around the world and the result turns out to be fabulous. And, here we are bringing to you a scrumptious experiment with Tabbouleh, all the way from the Middle East.
This recipe is an absolute delight for the vegans and can go in fantastic with the non-vegetarians as well. So, without describing the recipe further, we move forward to bringing it to the plates before you. Refer to the recipe that follows for more.
The time required and other little details:
Since you have to work with vegetables in this recipe, it may be apparent that the cooking time would not be too long. In a way, the conjecture is true for this recipe requires you to spend about an hour of total time. For preparation, you would have to be working with the ingredients for about 45 minutes.
The required ingredients:
There would be veggies for sure. But we look for more embellishments and groceries complementing them. And here is a list of all such things:
- Half a cup of fresh mint, chopped
- Half a cup of fresh parsley, chopped
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- ¼ cup of walnuts, chopped
- Some black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tablespoons of divided olive oil, extra-virgin
- 2 cups of cherry tomatoes
- 3 large sized Portobello mushroom caps, cleaned
- 2 sweet onions, rounds cut of ½ inch thickness
- 2 medium sized zucchini, cut into slabs of ½ inch
- A cup of boiling water
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- A cup of bulgur
Once these ingredients are ready with you, you may look to proceed with the cooking process.
The process of cooking:
Stick to the following steps in order to bring about a perfect Grilled Veggie Tabbouleh:
- Take the boiling water in a large bowl. Add half a teaspoon of salt to this. Now place your bulgur in this and allow it to soak for 30 minutes.
- Fire up your pellet grill on a medium high flame.
- Spread a baking sheet, chunk tomatoes, portobellos, onion and zucchini on it.
- Now use extra-virgin olive oil, pepper, and salt to season these vegetables.
- Transfer them to the grill. Give about 2-3 minutes to tomatoes, 6-8 minutes to mushrooms and about 8-10 minutes to the onions and zucchini.
- Alongside this, roast the walnuts over a medium-low heat. Do not forget to stir them constantly. Give about 2-3 minutes to this process.
- As the veggies cool down, chop mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, and zucchini in desired shapes.
- As the bulgur grows tender, bring in the remnant oil. Mix it with mint, parsley, lemon juice. Add the veggies to this and mix them together.
- Shower the veggies with walnuts.
Your Tabbouleh is ready with this.
So, what are you waiting for? Just get up and cook!