The nutrition offered by eggs cannot be overlooked. In fact, eggs are considered to be highly nutritious for people who regularly hit the gym. Moreover, foodies would be elated to hear that egg recipes know no bounds, there is like a bazillion of them across the culinary world. When eggs meet smoke, the combination is heavenly and irresistible. To make matters even more pleasing, a recipe we seek to discuss here tends to bring the best out of the eggs. Nutrition is perfectly complemented with flavor and an exotic denomination embellishes it further. While we look to felicitate this recipe, let us also take a look at how to bring it on the platter. The following recipe is the way to make eggs more beautiful.
- The time required and other small details:
The recipe of eggs is nutrition in as less time as possible. The statement is vindicated by the fact that Scotch Barbecue Eggs requires a cooking time of just 30 minutes and a meager preparation time of about 20minutes. Also, the final yield on the platter is capable of serving about 4 people.
- The ingredients required:
While eggs seem smooth, you may need a lot of things to make them better. A trip or two to the local departmental store would solve many issues of ingredients. Here is a list:
- 4 peeled eggs, hard boiled
- 2 cups of breadcrumbs, properly seasoned
- A tablespoon of water
- 2 eggs
- A cup of flour
- A pound of breakfast sausage
When you have crossed out all the items on this list, you may move further with the process of cooking.
- The procedure of cooking:
You would be easily able to obtain perfectly barbecued eggs if you stick to the cooking steps that follow:
- Fire up your charcoal grill and adjust briquettes in a way to create two heating zones. After having loaded your favorite hardwood, allow a temperature reading of 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Segregate the sausage in four portions of equal sizes and put pressure on them in order to flatten them.
- Place an egg over every sausage and carefully enclose the egg inside it.
- Whisk together water and egg in a bowl. Grab another bowl and place the flour in it. In yet another bowl, place the breadcrumbs.
- Now pickup the sausage coated eggs and roll them in each bowl in turns. That is to say, once in flour and the egg wash.
- Cover these eggs with breadcrumbs.
- Chuck these eggs on the colder side of the grill.
- Now lower down the lid and let them smoke for about 20 to 30 minutes. By this time, the breadcrumbs would be browned lightly.
- Now take your Scotch eggs off the grill and check on the platter to serve without any delay.
Your Scotch Barbecue Eggs is ready now.
Eggs are pleasing to the human body as a whole: from taste to nutrition. And to make these pleasing balls irresistible, you have to get up and fire up your grill. So, do it now!